5 Minute Read
Allie Murphy - Sept 22 2020
CBD Recipe Roundup: Minty Mojito | Brownies | Workout Recovery Drink
Wish you knew a way to add some fun and creativity to your CBD routine? How about making some tasty and yummy recipes? For all the CBD recipe ideas we’re going to share, you’ll need some CBD hemp oil, preferable one with a mint flavor.
Let’s get started!
Minty CBD Mojito
A cocktail with CBD — sounds interesting, right? This recipe is very similar to your traditional mojito recipe. The only additional ingredient is CBD hemp oil. To make this refreshingly cool and delicious drink you’ll need the following items:
- 1 cocktail shaker
- 1 wood muddler
- 4 tablespoons of white rum
- 10 to 15 mint leaves
- 1 to 3 tsp simple syrup (varies depending on desired sweetness)
- 1/2 to 1 whole lime
- A bit of club soda
- A few handfuls of ice
- 10 to 20mg of CBD oil (varies based on your potency preference)
How to Make a CBD Mint Mojito
1. Start by putting 10 mint leaves in your cocktail shaker and use your muddler to press down on the leaves for a few seconds. Crush them enough so you can smell their gorgeous terpene profile (i.e. aromas), but not too hard where they break apart into hundreds of pieces.
2. Add your rum, simple syrup, CBD oil, squeeze 1/2 lime, and add a handful of ice. Shake it up for about 15 seconds until chilled to your liking.
3. Strain the drink over a glass that’s filled with ice.
4. Add the remaining mint leaves to garnish, and squeeze the juice from the other half of your lime if you want it more tart. Add a hint more of the simple syrup if you like your mojito a bit sweeter.
Gluten-Free Chocolate CBD Mint Brownies
Turn your dessert brownies into a delicacy by adding some hemp-derived CBD oil to the mix. Consider a peppermint flavored CBD tincture to give your brownies that yummy, minty fresh taste.
You can also add some mint chocolate chips for extra hints of minty goodness. Brownies are a divine dessert! When it’s time to treat yourself, but you want to include a healthy element, adding cannabidiol oil is a great option. The sugar in brownies gives us a boost, while CBD has calming and relaxing properties. So, it’s a nice offset and creates some balance.
To begin making this CBD recipe, either buy or gather the following ingredients from your kitchen.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup cane sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 raw cacao powder or regular cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup mint chocolate chips (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) of soft butter or coconut oil (swap out some of this amount and replace it with your mint CBD oil. For example, use 7 tablespoons of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of cannabidiol oil.
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
How to make Gluten-Free Chocolate Mint Brownies
1. Mix all the dry ingredients into one bowl and mix the wet ingredients into a separate bowl.
2. Then fold in the wet ingredients into your “dry” bowl and whisk until the mix is smooth and dark brown.
3. Set the oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Then pour the brownie mix into a square 8 x 8 cake pan or into a muffin or cupcake pan.
5. Bake for 25 minutes then take out of the oven and let completely cool before enjoying.
Post-Workout Recovery Drink with CBD Oil
After any workout, it’s important to replenish and refuel your body. Especially with nutrients like protein, omega 3s, minerals, and electrolytes. One quick and efficient way to make this happen is to create your own post-workout shake. To get started, try this CBD recipe, and then customize it based on your own personal tastes.
- 1 - 2 scoops of protein or collagen powder
- 1 cup water, almond, coconut, or oat milk
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries (antioxidants)
- 1 banana (potassium — an important mineral and electrolyte)
- 1 handful of spinach (magnesium)
- 1 tsp of flaxseeds (omega 3s)
- 1 to 2 tsp of raw cacao powder (magnesium)
- 1 inch ginger root, peeled and chopped (anti-inflammatory)
- 1 serving size (10 to 30mg) of CBD hemp oil
- Blend up all the ingredients together and serve over ice or as is.